Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pork Chops & Applesauceeeee....

 After minor surgery on Monday I really didn't feel like cooking last night, but knew I had to...so here's what I made:

Heat oven to 350º

In a dutch oven, or covered stew pot, put 1⅔  c. long grain white rice (or brown), 4 normal sliced pork chops (or chicken tenders/breast), a 32oz box of GF beef broth, salt, pepper, garlic to taste (and here's where you can change it up with herbs d'provance, or cajun seasonings, or whatever is in your garden).

Bake for 50 minutes. And serve. Easy-Peasy. I served it with collard greens from a local bbq joint, but cranberry sauce and/or applesauce rocks with it!

Oh yeah, and while I was in the kitchen I made spaghetti sauce and taco meat for easy to grab/make meals for the kids (who aren't really kids anymore!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment