Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Post from June 8...

The GF experiment has been going well - too well maybe :-)  It's been 10 days and the only time I've had gut pain was after eating wheatberry.

I haven't had any real food cravings, and haven't had the crazy need to eat righthisverysecond even though I just ate type thoughts. I feel like a (wonderful wonderful) switch has been flipped. I haven't denied myself anything besides wheat products. But mostly I've eaten meat, fruit & veggies. Here's tonight's dinner:




Pork Chop dry fried in onions salt and pepper, with a white wine mustard sauce
Fresh broccoli
Corn on the cob (ended up in the trash though, was a bad ear)

bfast = protein shake, gf choco chip cookies, coffee
lunch= pulled chix, collard greens
snack= small handful (literally 5 or 6) potato chips (yep GF)

I snacked on GF granola before dinner, and that may have thrown me off.

I also made it to the gym for 25 min elliptical (1.75mi)

I feel "cleaner" - not quite the right word, but close. More awake, less sluggishy. I feel good for taking care of me, and am working on catching and off negative thoughts (i.e. her thighs are so much smaller than my elephant thighs) and replacing them w./ positive (my belly might be bigger than I want, but it served me well bearing children etc) And my PT noticed a big difference in the ankle swelling (which of course is rampant after working out tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment