Monday, November 8, 2010

Product Review: Italian Bread

Joan's Italian Bread

Wow, I set this to rise on Saturday morning  as I started my stew. 


By 6pm it didn't look like much, just a tiny lump of dough. It looked smaller than a sub roll. But that's ok - perfect for me even. I didn't need to bake a whole baguette. 


So I brushed it with real melted butter and sprinkled sea salt on top and put it in the convection oven. However I forgot to time it, so I had to go based on guesstimate and sound of the bread. It could have used a few more minutes. My bad. 


However the bread was delightful!! It was crusty on the outside and a little gooey on the inside (that'll go away with proper timing). It was awesome fresh out of the oven Saturday night, and darn good Sunday toasted. 


I have 2 more loaves that came in the pack and look forward to baking them next weekend to go with my vegetable soup~

No comments:

Post a Comment