Sunday, July 24, 2011

My favorite summer meal..

The joke going around DC this week is "the devil called and wants his weather back" so I figured it's time to update this blog with my favorite summer meal.

I think this began as a leftovers meal but I now do all the prep either the night before (when I'm already heating up the kitchen), use leftovers and/or do the prep early in the morning before it gets too hot.

Raw vegetables:
Good lettuce
Bell Pepper
Cucumber
Carrots
(etc red onion, grape tomato, zucchini, bean sprouts)


Cold vegetables:
Potato's
Broccoli
Corn (I prefer to do it on the cob and slice off pieces)
(etc...we've also used green beans, pea's, black beans,etc)

Proteins:
Chicken
Egg Whites (boiled)
(etc. tofu, bacon bits) 

This can be plated nicely on a platter or plate by color and presented nicely with a good ranch dressing on the side, or chop and mix everything and good ranch dressing (I like Marie's Creamy dressing from the salad section of the store) and eat it right from the mixing bowl.

This has amazing texture and flavors, and if GF as long as your dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment